Answers to the most common questions about planning the perfect
Eureka Springs Wedding and honeymoon in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
How and when should we get our Eureka Springs wedding license? Is it necessary to get a license in Arkansas, or can we get it in our home state?
You must get your license in the state of Arkansas. A marriage license from another state is not valid. You must have your license with you for the minister/officiate to sign.
The Eureka Springs Bride and Groom must be 18 years of age and have a photo ID, your social security number and fee. The state does not require you to bring your divorce paperwork. It is not necessary to have your birth certificate unless you are less than 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, call the courthouse for more specific requirements. In Eureka Springs the license is $58.00 cash. They ask that you bring exact change.
Carroll County Courthouse, 44 S. Main St., Eureka Springs, AR | Phone: 479-253-8646 or 888-592-8163
The County Clerk’s offices are open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. — 4:00 p.m. And Saturdays 9:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m. Closed for Holidays
How long does it take to get a marriage license in Eureka Springs?
5 Minutes. There is no waiting period in Arkansas. Both the Bride and Groom must be present.
Can we apply for the license by fax?
When should I make my Eureka Springs wedding reservations?
A great deal depends upon the type of Eureka Springs wedding you are planning and how specific you are about the day you want to get married. If you are planning a more formal wedding with over 50 guests, you should make your reservations at least six months in advance.
Eureka Springs specializes in small intimate weddings. There are a number of beautiful locations to choose from. As soon as you know the date of your special event, call and make your reservations.
If you are planning to elope, there are a number of places and ministers that can perform your ceremony the same day you arrive.
We suggest planning ahead, which will allow you more time to be relaxed and enjoy this very special day.
What steps do I need to take to plan my Eureka Springs wedding?
We assume you have already selected your wedding dress and attendant’s attire. If you wish to rent your wedding attire, there are places in Eureka Springs that have a very nice selection to choose from.
- Secure the venue, chapel or place in which you are going to hold the ceremony. Determine the number of guests you plan to invite, as that will make a difference in your location. If you plan on having children at or in your wedding, be sure the location you select allows children to attend.
- Determine where you – the Bride and Groom are going to stay, and how many guests are going to be staying in Eureka Springs. Your wedding location will give you suggestions for lodging that will meet the needs of your guests. Suggest to your guests that they might want to stay in Eureka Springs a few days for their own getaway. Consider carefully whether you want your guests to stay in the same location. If they are staying somewhere else in town, it makes you less responsible for entertaining them. Following the wedding you may want to be alone.
- Contact a photographer. There are some very creative, talented professional photographers in Eureka Springs. Your wedding is an extremely important event; so consider getting the best possible photographs you can afford. The Wedding Guild website has a large selection of photographers you can chose from. Visit their websites for further information.
- Cake and Flowers. These items may be a part of your wedding package. Once you have your wedding dress, and have decided on the colors you want, contact the bakery and florist with your requirements. They will help you make your selections. This website will assist you in reaching these vendors.
- Schedule Spa and Hair Appointments. Brides sometimes forget to make appointments in advance. Since the salons are very busy here in Eureka Springs it is important to call early to make your appointment as you do not want to be disappointed.
- Maps. Be sure you have a map to give to each of your guests to assist them in finding your wedding location. Discuss parking with your location and consider having people carpool. Give your guests an approximate drive time to Eureka Springs that will help ensure they arrive on time for your wedding. Suggest
a specific route for them to take.
We do not recommend MapQuest directions for Eureka Springs.
Little Rock, AR
Kansas City, MO
What do we need to do to plan a dinner with the family after our Eureka Springs wedding?
There are a number of questions that need to be answered.
Who is going to pay for dinner? What is your budget? What type of restaurant do you want to go to? Casual dining, Family style, Buffet or Fine Dining?
How many people are going to be joining you? Adults? And Children?
Once you have determined the answers to these questions, contact the appropriate restaurants, which you will find, listed on the Eureka Springs Wedding Guild site. Ask them if they will make a reservation for a large group. Determine the appropriate reservation time for dinner with your wedding coordinator.
Where can we change clothes (For Day Trippers)?
Your minister or wedding location will be able to assist you. Some locations have rooms for changing and others prefer you come dressed and ready for the ceremony. Public locations for changing are at the Trolley Depot next to the courthouse, the Information Center on Hwy. 62 and most gas station restrooms.
Do we have a rehearsal?
For smaller Eureka Springs weddings – 25 guests and under – there is no rehearsal. Check with your wedding contact person to be sure.
Is there a bridal gown rental shop?
Yes, Melissa's at East Gate Salon on Hwy 62 across from Passion Play Rd.
Can my dog be a part of the service?
Depends on the establishment where you are having your Eureka Springs wedding. Please inquiry BEFORE your wedding, and make appropriate arrangements.
My grandmother is very elderly, do you have wheelchair access?
This should be a consideration during the early stages of choosing your Eureka Springs wedding location. Many places in Eureka Springs are not wheelchair accessible, and it will be up to you to consider this during your planning process.